Creating an eclectic gallery wall doesn’t have to be a complicated or daunting task. It’s a fun, yet sophisticated and inexpensive way to add a sense of style and character to any room.
1. Start by gathering everything you think you may want to include on that wall. You can include art you've collected over the years, posters, concert tickets, family photos, diplomas and other mementos.
2. Frame any items that require framing, like concert tickets. Don’t worry if you have an unframed painting on canvas or frames that don’t match, that’s part of the fun!
3. Measure your gallery wall space and create an identical brown or newspaper version. Don't forget to make it the same shape and size as your wall area. Lay it flat on the floor.
4. Start filling in your paper model with items you gathered in step 1. Shuffle things around until you achieve a design you are happy with. Think Tetris. Be playful and have fun!
5. Once you have your gallery wall layout, trace around each item and take plenty of photos. We are creating in essence, a map of where every piece goes.
6. Transfer and tape your paper model to the wall. Add nails top and center of each trace before removing the paper.
7. Look at the photos you took in step 5 and fill in the blanks. Et voila! You’ve created a professional looking gallery wall in 7 easy steps.
Where Interior Design and the Art World collide.